Adding 2nd Leisure Battery

ClubMember70FA6F2333 replied on 27/04/2018 19:28

Posted on 27/04/2018 19:28

Hi,  I have a 2017 Bailey Autograph 79-4T and would like to add a 2nd leisure battery to maximise the amount of wild camping time.   Has anyone done same  to 79-4T?  If so could you please confirm how the 2nd battery should be wired / connected to the solar panel / other battery.

At the moment both the existing leisure battery terminal connectors have two cables connected, 

Also any recommendations as to what batteries to buy would also be appreciated,

many thanks

Apperley replied on 29/04/2018 16:40

Posted on 29/04/2018 16:40

Hi Parkc,

I have a second leisure battery on my Autograph 75-4, the dealer fitted it for me. I have read up on it a little and the general advice is to fit the same make and ampage as your existing battery. In fact when I had the battery swapped across from my trade in the dealer replaced the second battery FOC as it was a different brand. Various websites show how to wire them up.

See https://caravanchronicles.com/guides/how-to-connect-two-batteries-in-parallel/

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook