A New Year Thank You!

kdee69 replied on 05/01/2017 10:11

Posted on 05/01/2017 10:11

I wanted to say "thank you" to everyone on this thread that has provided me as a new MH'er with invaluable advice.

I can't tell you how useful some of the suggestions and subsequent purchases have been.

I'll list a few:

• The Silver Screen - this has hands down been the best peripheral we have purchased. no more condensation and we can really feel the difference in the rig. It cost more than we originally planned on spending but my word, we have reaped the benefits.
  • The little heater for our feet in the front of the cab in the evening. We already had one from our caravanning days but hadn't even considered it may be useful in the MH. Makes the world of difference.
  • The microfibre towels laughing. The most bizarre feeling when drying ever but boy do they dry in the MH fast!
  • A mat in the MH to wipe our feet. Thank goodness for this suggestion.
  • A collapsible crate to store my muddy/wet willies and boots. God send!
  • Collapsible step to be able to reach up and wipe the back window which is ALWAYS muddy when we arrive.
  • The fabric that stops the plates and spoons rocking about!

These are some things we have purchased that we didn't get advice from on here:

• Apple adaptor  - allows me to download Netflix and Amazon Prime tv shows to my ipad or iphone and connect to my TV and watch them offline
  • A little table (camping size) that I can put between the two bench seats for my all important wine!
  • Bizarrely, a hob kettle - we have limited electric points and I really don't like trailing wires.

It would be great for others to post on their must have's (obviously wine is a given!)

But in all seriousness, thank you to EVERYONE who replied, your advice has been invaluable.cool

huskydog replied on 05/01/2017 12:04

Posted on 05/01/2017 12:04

kdee69, this is where CT does it's job, in helping everyone ,no matter how long we have been caravanning or motorhomeing there is always something to learn

But I have to disagree with you surprised,wine is not a "must have ".....but Cider issmile

brue replied on 05/01/2017 13:41

Posted on 05/01/2017 13:41

It makes CT worthwhile to read thanks and constructive comments! By the way Kdee we always use a hob kettle, I love it, the first thing that come out plus a well used stainless steel Cafetiere! smile

kdee69 replied on 05/01/2017 13:45

Posted on 05/01/2017 13:45

omg sealed I've just re-read my thread and notice the best Freudian slip ever...I shall leave it in just for amusement wink

Bakers2 replied on 05/01/2017 13:54

Posted on 05/01/2017 13:54

A collapsible crate to store my muddy/wet willies and boots. God send! 😊😉

Bakers2 replied on 05/01/2017 13:58

Posted on 05/01/2017 13:45 by kdee69

omg sealed I've just re-read my thread and notice the best Freudian slip ever...I shall leave it in just for amusement wink

Posted on 05/01/2017 13:58

It's taken me so long to be able to post you'd pointed it out. Made my laugh and I'm wondering should I be jealous?

Far too late to edit now anyway 😂😂😂

This is CT at its best. Wealth  of knowledge and feedback is always good. Positive or negative as it might be something I'd be considering. 

kdee69 replied on 05/01/2017 14:21

Posted on 05/01/2017 14:21

Well, if you see a man on his knees next to a crate this weekend at Rowntree York, you'll know who we are and what he's drying looool  tongue-out

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook