5 Belted Seats in a campervan/motorhome

KandBrian replied on 26/09/2021 18:45

Posted on 26/09/2021 18:45

Hello,

We are thinking of changing from a caravan to a campervan or small Motorhome.

Does anyone know if there is a van that sleeps 3/4 but with 5 belted seats please?

This will be our main vehicle so would prefer the ability to travel with 5 on occasions.

Thanks for your help.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/09/2021 18:59

Posted on 26/09/2021 18:59

Sorry, I can’t help as I’ve never come across a 5 belter but I think to sleep 3-4 and have 5 belted seats you’ll be looking at a van much bigger than 'small' and, consequently, could find it cumbersome for everyday use. You might do it, though, if some of the berths are only child size and you don’t require a washroom, for instance.

Have you searched manufacturers' websites or a site such as Caravanfinder to see what's available?https://www.caravanfinder.co.uk/motorhomes.html

JVB66 replied on 26/09/2021 19:00

Posted on 26/09/2021 19:00

I would think a panel van conversion on a VW or Vauxhall panel van with a rock and roll rear seat/bed  they can have 3 belted seat versions , with a lift up roof with bed may well be what to look for

chasncath replied on 26/09/2021 22:53

Posted on 26/09/2021 22:53

Our 6 metre 3.5 tonne motorhome has seat belts for 6 pax, including driver. However, I can assure you that ours and similar vans are really suitable for retired couples with occasional grand children. Stick with your caravan !

brue replied on 27/09/2021 07:41

Posted on 27/09/2021 07:41

A high spec VW type campervan might take three in the back and for camping accommodate one or two children in the pop up roof plus two adults below. More flexible with the addition of an awning. Mostly these type of vans take 4 Max. There may be 6 or 7 seaters around where the camping equipment is moved in and out as needed.

young thomas replied on 27/09/2021 08:57

Posted on 27/09/2021 08:57

IMV, the two top answers....

stick to a caravan or go for a VW based camper with three seats in the rear, plus pop top and side awning...

there are also a plethora of Ducato  based campers, many now with pop tops, but very few have a rock and roll type three belted seat in the rear...

Also, there certainly are other coachbuilts with the sort of dinette that Chas mentions but they won't be much fun as a daily driver.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook