2018 Peugeot Boxer Aux/USB

Prescot46 replied on 20/06/2020 14:58

Posted on 20/06/2020 14:58

On my 2018 Peugeot Boxer the USB plug part of the AUX/USB Switch underneath the dashboard and above the drinks holders has stopped charging my iPhone.  I have tried several different charging leads and none work.  The same leads work perfectly in the USB plug on the dashboard and through an adapter in the cigarette lighter plug so it is not the leads. (I have not tried the AUX plug to see if  that does not work either.)

I had a look on the fuse board diagrams to see if Aux/USB plug has fuse but could not identify one.

Has anyone else had this problem and short of buying a replacement switch could you rectify it? 

Apperley replied on 20/06/2020 22:44

Posted on 20/06/2020 22:44

I have the same problem. My 2017 Boxer socket has 2 USB ports in the centre of the dash like yours and one only works intermittently so I am interested in the responses.

Amesford replied on 21/06/2020 10:01

Posted on 21/06/2020 10:01

I've read that using a can of compressed air to blow any dirt out the usb port may do the trick. I find this gadget useful, with it you can see if there is voltage (blue)  and if the lead is ok and plugged into a phone etc it will show current flow (red) cost a couple of quid off ebay for this model 

Prescot46 replied on 29/06/2020 14:08

Posted on 29/06/2020 14:08

Amesford thanks for the link.  My tester has just arrived and I tried in the house before going to the van to check that it works - it did.  It is a handy little item.  The USB socket below the dashboard is dead - no power shown at all.  Tried the USB socket on the top of dashboard shows 5+ Volts as do all the USB Sockets in the light fittings. 

Hopefully as the van is less than 2-years old it is covered by the vehicle warranty.  Getting its second year service on 7 August.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook