2017 Autotrail RB Tracker

turka replied on 30/04/2018 12:24

Posted on 30/04/2018 12:24

Help, we bought our first motorhome back end of last year but decided the layout isnt for us.  We've looked at the Swift Escape 694 which my husband wasnt too keen on and the Tracker.  The Tracker is more expensive but looks to be better quality inside (we have a Bessacarr) i want an island bed.  I've read so many horror stories about Autotrail but realise other makes also suffer issues.  Has anyone got experience of damp etc on their Autotrail?  Pleased to hear.  TIA

Randomcamper replied on 30/04/2018 13:30

Posted on 30/04/2018 13:30

All brands of M/H's to some extent seem to suffer complaints of damp.

If you ask a question on here like that you will inevitably manage to find people who have suffered damp, so stand by....

To my knowledge there is no organisation publishing fault percentages for different makes of van that enable you to make an informed choice...

You will only get one persons experience, which statistically speaking is worthless....

What answer are you expecting or wanting.....

Autotrail offer a 10 year warranty I believe (albeit on a sliding scale). Other manufacturers also offer comprehensive warranties. I would look around for a van that suits you, buy it, keep the hab & cab service records up to date, keep your fingers crossed and get on and enjoy it.......

young thomas replied on 01/05/2018 09:57

Posted on 01/05/2018 09:57

good advice from TT....

Also, have a really good think about this next, significant, purchase...

the Bessie was your first MH, were you caravanners before or are you new to this whole touring thing?

I don't know what model/size Bessacarr you have, but the Tracker, with island bed, is a fair sized van...it won't be easy to park, so getting off site will require the use of other transport....legs, bikes (electric?), public transport, towed car.....whatever...so have a good think...

i realise this is a roomy comfortable van, and many caravanners think all you have to do is stick an engine in the same roomy caravan layout they had previously....

unfortunately, MHing isn't caravanning with a MH....undecided

large vans are great for room and comfort, but not so good for getting you about, either to site initially, or to visit places from there.

some in MHs tour in a more linear way, doing the visiting wn route to site or the next, rather tha. the traditional 'out and back' process ypu might use with a car and caravan...

i wish you well with your decision 

bobthebodger replied on 10/05/2018 14:20

Posted on 10/05/2018 14:20

If your worried about damp or water ingress do what we did and go for a van conversion, they are brilliant and better on fuel economy easier to manoeuvre can be stored on your driveway.

Qashqai66 replied on 11/05/2018 10:42

Posted on 11/05/2018 10:42

Pros and cons all round.  We have considered van conversions but think they are far too narrow for comfortable living with inadequate storage.  

Tinwheeler replied on 11/05/2018 11:16

Posted on 11/05/2018 11:16

It’s personal opinion, Q, but I guess the OP has already decided to go for another coachbuilt seeing that’s what was asked about.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook