2008 Fiat Ducato Headlights wont switch off

BenjiB replied on 13/05/2016 19:59

Posted on 13/05/2016 19:59

Model 40 maxi 160 M-Jet. With the headlight switch in the off position as soon as you turn on the ignition the relay in the cab fuse box clicks and the headlights, tail lights and sidelights come on and stay on. The 3 position switch does nothing but you can select full beam and use the indicators. I have disconnected this entire switch unit on the steering column and the lights still come on. I have checked the relay on a tester and its fine. I have checked the engine fuse box and that is dry. Can anyone advise or help please, also if you have access to other forums can you please post this question and feed back

I have noticed also that the water channel above the bonnet on the drivers side has a water exit hole with a pipe connected to channel the water away from the engine compartment. On the far left hand  passengers side there is a hole in the channel but no pipe connected so water does go into engine compartment is this how it should be and could it be relevant to the problem above.

Thanks

EmilysDad replied on 13/05/2016 20:27

Posted on 13/05/2016 20:27

Is it possibly a way for Fiat to have fitted day time running lights to your vehicle? I have the option on my 07 Mercedes to have my lights on all the time irrespective of the light switch position. Some countries require vehicles to have lights on at all times. Maybe it's one of those daft combinations of switch presses will turn them off & operate via the switch.  ???

BenjiB replied on 13/05/2016 20:37

Posted on 13/05/2016 20:37

Thanks. I have checked this out and day time running lights are not fitted on my motor home. This is indicated by only having a 3 way lighting switch, I believe if they are fitted then the switch has a fourth position. Also with dayime running I think only the front lights come on.

EmilysDad replied on 13/05/2016 21:06

Posted on 13/05/2016 21:06

DRL was perhaps the wrong word. My car doesn't have them either but can still have the lights on constantly whatever the switch position. 

BenjiB replied on 14/05/2016 18:19

Posted on 14/05/2016 18:19

Thanks. I have looked at the manual again today and there is nothing in there in regard to keeping the lights on with the switch in the off position.  If anyone knows of a setting on the 2008 Fiat Ducato which enables or disables this function please let me know.  I only took the vehicle for an MOT first run of the season and this occured when I picked it up.

JD6620 replied on 14/05/2016 19:15

Posted on 14/05/2016 19:15

A quick Google search would suggest it's the switch at fault. 

http://www.fiatforum.com/idea/256143-headlights-stay.html

ScreenName208EAEF920 replied on 15/03/2024 19:16

Posted on 15/03/2024 19:16

Hi All

I know this is an old thread ...  but can you remember what was the outcome. Just had our 2008 Ducato Tribby MOT and serviced - now cant turn off the headlights!! Will obviously get back to the garage - but any clues would be really welcomed.

Thanks 

P&H

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook