2006 Ducato Tandy Plus 6 Berth refurb help

C Morrison replied on 19/02/2019 09:43

Posted on 19/02/2019 09:43

hi all,

I purchased my van August last year and have been living in it ever since whilst working near Munich. 

I love the life style and can’t wait to finish my contract so i can take my family on a nice road trip holiday in July. 

1 problem, its cold out here and i’m a typical bloke so i really want to refurnish this godawful looking and now smelly van. 

I’ve found a place ‘Regal Furnishing’ that say they will do all the Curtains, cushions and chairs for around £1800 but they don’t seem to do any vinyl for cupboards, walls, etc. 

I have a good idea on the type of design i’m after and would love to deal with one company if possible. 

If anyone has any recommendations i would love to hear them. 

I’m also thinking to line the ceiling. Unfortunately there was a little water damage from the past so simple vinyl is not an option. I’ve heard that you can buy lengths of thin tongue and groove wood look cladding that is already glue backed. I’m talking 30 cm strips perhaps 2-5 mm thick and 25 mm wide approx. But i am unable to find anything yet online. 

Again any help would be appreciated. 

Thats it for now. 

Cheers Craig

C Morrison replied on 19/02/2019 09:53

Posted on 19/02/2019 09:53

Couple of examples i’m dealing with here plus the deformed ceiling laminate. Hence using cladding strips. 

I want a much more modern look

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook