12v light on fridge didnt light

les zoldan replied on 17/09/2020 17:48

Posted on 17/09/2020 17:48

1. fridge 12v light didnt come on when i started engine so thought fuse had blow ..swapped with 12 a aux fuse and it came back on for a few days so i thought that had blown...but when i put it back in aux the fuse was ok ...bought i new 12a fuse and put in fridge fuse holder but still no luck ...light still no coming on,, anyone any ideas what to try....cheers les

chasncath replied on 18/09/2020 17:15

Posted on 18/09/2020 17:15

You might be replacing them wrong fuse. Is there another fuse in the engine compartment, sometimes in an in-line fuse holder. Ours is an 4 amp grey fuse. 12 volt outlets are are fused at 10 amps. If you can feel heat coming out of the fridge upper vent with engine running, you may just have a duff bulb!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook