Windbreaker

Unicorn campers replied on 14/01/2020 17:01

Posted on 14/01/2020 17:01

Hello everyone,

we currently have normal beach windbreakers but would like a better one with a door so we can sit outside with our dogs and not worry about them escaping. I have looked at the quest performance pro windshield are there any you would like. 
thanks

Tinwheeler replied on 14/01/2020 17:21

Posted on 14/01/2020 17:21

Your dogs would still need to be tethered on club site pitches as per the dogs on site leaflet.

"Please keep your dog on a lead less than 2m long at all times when on site other than when in designated “dog walks”, where leads may be extended, or “dog areas”, where they are free to roam. If tethered on your pitch, please ensure that your dog cannot reach the road or your neighbours pitch."

GTP replied on 15/01/2020 09:52

Posted on 14/01/2020 17:21 by Tinwheeler

Your dogs would still need to be tethered on club site pitches as per the dogs on site leaflet.

"Please keep your dog on a lead less than 2m long at all times when on site other than when in designated “dog walks”, where leads may be extended, or “dog areas”, where they are free to roam. If tethered on your pitch, please ensure that your dog cannot reach the road or your neighbours pitch."

Posted on 15/01/2020 09:52

Meanwhile......the dog defaecating on a members 'A' frame cover...off lead and 'loose' from a windbreak enclosure...4 pitches away..

Video available (Southport site).

Aside...I do think there is a requirement...urgently...for the club to assist those members who have 'learning difficulties'...(either cannot read or cannot grasp the concept of 2 metres)....with a visual aid leaflet, showing a 2 metre long dog lead,( dog on one end, human on the other end) which can be handed out at reception to those members with dogs..

Perhaps the club could also invest in stocks of 2 metre long 'dog leads' for sale at site reception and club shop..

JVB66 replied on 09/02/2020 15:32

Posted on 15/01/2020 09:52 by GTP

Meanwhile......the dog defaecating on a members 'A' frame cover...off lead and 'loose' from a windbreak enclosure...4 pitches away..

Video available (Southport site).

Aside...I do think there is a requirement...urgently...for the club to assist those members who have 'learning difficulties'...(either cannot read or cannot grasp the concept of 2 metres)....with a visual aid leaflet, showing a 2 metre long dog lead,( dog on one end, human on the other end) which can be handed out at reception to those members with dogs..

Perhaps the club could also invest in stocks of 2 metre long 'dog leads' for sale at site reception and club shop..

Posted on 09/02/2020 15:32

There is a leaflet adviseing dog owners of their responsibilitiesundecided

As there is for most other site activities, that seem to course problems for those of a "sensitive nature"surprised

GTP replied on 09/02/2020 20:50

Posted on 09/02/2020 15:32 by JVB66

There is a leaflet adviseing dog owners of their responsibilitiesundecided

As there is for most other site activities, that seem to course problems for those of a "sensitive nature"surprised

Posted on 09/02/2020 20:50

Yes there is JVB.... but if you read my post I am suggesting a leaflet designed for those members with learning difficulties...

FYI...’adviseing’ is spelt “advising’ and the word ‘course’ should in fact be “cause”...

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook