Water system bailey unicorn 2015

kazzyhutch replied on 31/05/2023 10:58

Posted on 31/05/2023 10:58

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. My parents have a bailey unicorn 2015 caravan which they are currently away in. The water system suddenly stopped working mid way through their stay. They have replaced the whale pump and appropriate fuse and microswitch but are having no luck getting it up and running again. The pump makes a small humming sound then stops so obviously has power going to it. Any clues or advice? 

Arch replied on 31/05/2023 11:40

Posted on 31/05/2023 11:40

When the tap is turned on does the pump led on the control panel come and stay on if it does go outside and pull the pump out of the barrel you should hear the pump running it is running put it back and pull it up and down a few times making sure it's in the water if it's an air lock this will clear it, if on the other hand the led blinks on then straight off the pressure switch needs adjustment look in manual to see how, if the pump just hums briefly it could be jammed. Sorry for the long winded answer.

richardandros replied on 31/05/2023 12:38

Posted on 31/05/2023 12:38

The 2015 Unicorns have a pressurised system - no microswitch on taps - so it sounds to me that the pressure switch needs 'tweaking'. Instructions are in the manual. Don't ask me why - it doesn't seem logical - but we had this happen a few times in our previous Barcelona when the 240v supply was a bit low. How that affects the 12v supply via the battery, I can't tell you but I found that slight adjustment of the pressure switch solved the problem.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook