Water pumping out of hot water overflow

billandelaine replied on 10/04/2022 15:29

Posted on 10/04/2022 15:29

Amazing that there is a thread on a very similar topic right now, but we've just returned from a trip to Devon with water flow problems except in this case, the water is pumping out of the hot water overflow! Block that, and the water flow from the taps, hot and cold, is fine!  But obviously not a long term solution. New taps were fitted last year so I doubt they are to blame. I'm mystified. Any thoughts?

Cornersteady replied on 10/04/2022 16:11

Posted on 10/04/2022 16:11

Well every day's a learning day, I've learnt something new. You mean the clear plastic tube past the drain valve? From what I've just read it means the valve has failed in some way and I've read either clean it to remove any limescale or it needs replacing.

sorry I can't be more help but if you google your problem you might get more help or someone more technically minded than me on here (ie anyone) might be able to help.

Post edit: someone said drain everything and start again and that might cure it?

billandelaine replied on 11/04/2022 10:16

Posted on 11/04/2022 10:16

Sorry, just to clarify, the water is coming out of the clear plastic tube that runs from the top of the Truma water heater - which I am guessing is a safety overflow that allows hot water to escape in the event of a blockage - rather than blow the heater up.....

Have drained it and refilled, but no change. Can't see how it is anything to do with the drain valve, which is working fine, but limescale build-up - yes that could be it, she's quite an old girl our 'van......

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook