Water inlet housing / pump

John and Patricia replied on 24/07/2021 13:16

Posted on 24/07/2021 13:16

Hi all 

Hope you can help my cover of my water pump inlet housing has snapped and the whole housing 

looks shabby so I am wanting to order a new one and as my pump is also very old and has a leak I'm planning on replacing

that at the same time. 

So question is which unit do I order?

My van is a Bailey Discovery 516 2002 

I have attached a few photo's to help identify  

Can you help please

richardandros replied on 24/07/2021 15:23

Posted on 24/07/2021 15:23

It's a 10 minute job to replace it once you have disconnected the push fit pipe at the other side.  You will find a non-setting mastic gasket behind the fitting which - if you're very careful in removing the socket, can be re-used.  That said, given the age of the van, it's probably best to replace it. If you can't buy a gasket off the shelf, the mastic can be bought in a roll. I bought some years ago for a job on the boat and I know that most decent yacht chandlers sell it.

JVB66 replied on 24/07/2021 15:31

Posted on 24/07/2021 15:23 by richardandros

It's a 10 minute job to replace it once you have disconnected the push fit pipe at the other side.  You will find a non-setting mastic gasket behind the fitting which - if you're very careful in removing the socket, can be re-used.  That said, given the age of the van, it's probably best to replace it. If you can't buy a gasket off the shelf, the mastic can be bought in a roll. I bought some years ago for a job on the boat and I know that most decent yacht chandlers sell it.

Posted on 24/07/2021 15:31

Interesting comment ,as when ours was leaking due to split ,when at Seacroft , it took the mobile man nearly an hour as he said he would not use old 5yrs sealant so cleaned it all off and when fitted it needed the pressure switch resetttingsurprised 

John and Patricia replied on 24/07/2021 16:47

Posted on 24/07/2021 15:23 by richardandros

Posted on 24/07/2021 16:47

Don't think I will have an issue replacing it I have the gear here just needed to make sure i was going to order the right fittings really.

I have two sided mastic white spirit methylated spirit and one sided plastic razor which I have ready to replace some of the trims as they are getting rather old and brittle.

Although the van is 20 years old I'm absolutely made up with the condition and we have already had many lovely trips in her looking forward to Anglesey mid August one of our very favourite places.

Thanks again 

John

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook