Tourershine - Brilliant!

richardandros replied on 15/02/2023 15:25

Posted on 15/02/2023 15:25

Although our Knaus is only 4 years old - and I do polish it about three times a year - it was starting to look 'used'. The roof was the major problem and after I nearly broke my neck trying the clean it, both I and Ros decided there had to be another solution. Rang Paul at Tourershine and he arranged to come today - to East Yorkshire, all the way from Leicester. He said he'd be here by 8.00 and actually arrived well before 7.30 am. Talked through the various options and then he got stuck in and worked tirelessly for the next 5 or 6 hours. He is such a genuine person who clearly puts customers first and is so knowledgeable and professional in everything he does. I am absolutely delighted with what he has done - the caravan looks as if it has just come out of the showroom. Thank you to Paul and I can thoroughly recommend his company to anyone else who might be considering using his services.

richardandros replied on 15/02/2023 16:04

Posted on 15/02/2023 16:04

JK - Yes - well he does MH's and caravans so I don't see why a fifth wheeler should be any different - plus as well as 20 years experience in this line of work, he was previously involved with auto-refinishing. He's a mine of information on the subject and 'busted' a few myths.  He was quite impressed with the overall appearance of my van before he started because I had been using Autoglym resin polish which he recommends even though I have seen quite a few posts on here and elsewhere that say it damages the paintwork - so that put my mind at rest.  What he excels at is spotting the bits that let the appearance down and the transformation to the locker surrounds and matt wheel arch covers was astounding. That said, the roof was a disgrace - hard black gunge everywhere that took some shifting but the roof now looks like the rest of the vansmile

DavidKlyne replied on 15/02/2023 17:05

Posted on 15/02/2023 17:05

I have to say that over the years I have been aware of Tourershine, he has always got excellent reviews. It's the roof I have problems with, OK I can wash it but applying polish and restoring the finish is difficult so perhaps time to call in the professionals?

David

eurortraveller replied on 16/02/2023 09:10

Posted on 15/02/2023 15:25 by richardandros

Although our Knaus is only 4 years old - and I do polish it about three times a year - it was starting to look 'used'. The roof was the major problem and after I nearly broke my neck trying the clean it, both I and Ros decided there had to be another solution. Rang Paul at Tourershine and he arranged to come today - to East Yorkshire, all the way from Leicester. He said he'd be here by 8.00 and actually arrived well before 7.30 am. Talked through the various options and then he got stuck in and worked tirelessly for the next 5 or 6 hours. He is such a genuine person who clearly puts customers first and is so knowledgeable and professional in everything he does. I am absolutely delighted with what he has done - the caravan looks as if it has just come out of the showroom. Thank you to Paul and I can thoroughly recommend his company to anyone else who might be considering using his services.

Posted on 16/02/2023 09:10

£500 .?

richardandros replied on 16/02/2023 12:20

Posted on 16/02/2023 09:10 by eurortraveller

£500 .?

Posted on 16/02/2023 12:20

No!.  His standard prices are on his website but I paid a bit extra because of the distances involved and the fact that I didn't want to wait until he was 'in the area' - unlikely given that no one is likely to pass through this remote spot!

I did pay for some extra work but this was discussed after he had seen the van and as Paul said - most people wouldn't have noticed it - but since he was there I agreed that he do it. "Ha'porth of tar" and all of that!

Bakers2 replied on 16/02/2023 16:36

Posted on 16/02/2023 16:36

Looks fabulous. Totally agree with ha'porth of tar maximum. Its one I use often.

A good service should be rewarded accordingly. If it worth doing it's worth doing well

JohnRH replied on 11/06/2024 12:30

Posted on 11/06/2024 12:30

Just had Tourershine give my 9 year old Vanmaster a full renovation plus the roof. The grp was very dull and streaky. Just amazed at the difference it just looks like the day I bought it. Paul and Lee turned up on the dot of 7am having travelled from Leicester to almost Cornwall that morning, 5 hours later the job was done.

I don’t often give reviews, but their work is exceptional. People say they are expensive, but I think they were worth every penny. If you are looking to have your van refurbished, look no further.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook