Tomtom Go Camper 2018

nsp24 replied on 06/01/2019 10:11

Posted on 06/01/2019 10:11

Hi, I have just bought the Tomtom go camper 2018 version as my older one has decide to not boot up. I have installed the ov2 POI files from the Caravan Club download section also the CCC poi`s and the national Trust poi's. They all work fine apart from the Caravan Club CL ov2 file.

The first cL listed is Solley`s Farm which according to my Tomtom is 4858 miles away from Harrogate. The file I have installed is cclubcl_poi-tt.ov2 If I click on Solley`s Farm it says "Location is not on current map" I have the Europe Camper v10200024.411 (0) (05/12/2018) maps installed.

Please if you have this version of Tomtom can you tell me if you to have this problem?

All the other poi`s that I have installed are working fine typically the one I use the most is not.

I do not need reminding that a good Atlas is the way to go! Roads very often get blocked and closed when driving to a site and reading a road atlas while towing is really not safe!

Thanks

Nick

young thomas replied on 06/01/2019 11:49

Posted on 06/01/2019 11:49

I have the 2018 CL POI file on my Tomtoms and have just checked on my Via 62 and Solleys Farm shows correctly nr Deal.

i also checked the GPS coordinates shown on the CC site page, it's correct when fed into google maps.

as it exists, albeit 4000+ miles away, I reckon the POI file for this site is wrong.

it either has a + instead of a - in the lat or long figure...

a tiny glitch like this (say Lat  -51.214478 / Lon 1.363753 instead of Lat 51.214478 / Lon 1.363753) would put the CL in the Southern Ocean of Antarctica

ensure you're van doesn't leak and the heating works...wink 

nsp24 replied on 06/01/2019 18:29

Posted on 06/01/2019 11:49 by young thomas

I have the 2018 CL POI file on my Tomtoms and have just checked on my Via 62 and Solleys Farm shows correctly nr Deal.

i also checked the GPS coordinates shown on the CC site page, it's correct when fed into google maps.

as it exists, albeit 4000+ miles away, I reckon the POI file for this site is wrong.

it either has a + instead of a - in the lat or long figure...

a tiny glitch like this (say Lat  -51.214478 / Lon 1.363753 instead of Lat 51.214478 / Lon 1.363753) would put the CL in the Southern Ocean of Antarctica

ensure you're van doesn't leak and the heating works...wink 

Posted on 06/01/2019 18:29

Hi Thanks for your reply, its not just Solleys Farm its all the cl sites. Ive sent a support form to Tomtom and im waiting for an answer. What I dont understand is the main club sites and caravan and camping club sites work perfect its just the cl poi that's not working.

Hopefully wont end up in the Ocean as it won't direct me to any of the cl sites lol 

young thomas replied on 07/01/2019 10:28

Posted on 07/01/2019 10:28

firstly, are the other CC files accurate...ie, is it a file/data issue....?

I assume this file was downloaded to a PC?

you should be able to browse it and, although it's an odd format, you might be able to glean a set of coordinates from the first record and then manually input them into google maps to check...

i might have a look later, although I'm not going to be adding them to my Tomtoms today....off to the port and the south tonight.

good luck.

nsp24 replied on 07/01/2019 18:35

Posted on 07/01/2019 10:28 by young thomas

firstly, are the other CC files accurate...ie, is it a file/data issue....?

I assume this file was downloaded to a PC?

you should be able to browse it and, although it's an odd format, you might be able to glean a set of coordinates from the first record and then manually input them into google maps to check...

i might have a look later, although I'm not going to be adding them to my Tomtoms today....off to the port and the south tonight.

good luck.

Posted on 07/01/2019 18:35

Hi Yes the files are downloaded to my PC and then sent to my TomTom via The Mydrive website.

I have no idea how to view the file the main sites POI are fine its just the CL sites that dont work.

Thanks for your help and have a great time!

Rushallmanor replied on 08/01/2019 10:15

Posted on 08/01/2019 10:15

I too have the latest TomTom Camper and have successfully loaded CC sites, CC CL sites along with many other POI's such as Archies camping Europe. I have just checked and all work fine. I suggest you have a damaged or corrupt file. Delete the file from the TomTom and computer, download new file and try again

nsp24 replied on 08/01/2019 17:34

Posted on 08/01/2019 10:15 by Rushallmanor

I too have the latest TomTom Camper and have successfully loaded CC sites, CC CL sites along with many other POI's such as Archies camping Europe. I have just checked and all work fine. I suggest you have a damaged or corrupt file. Delete the file from the TomTom and computer, download new file and try again

Posted on 08/01/2019 17:34

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have tried a few times with no luck. On the Tomtom Forum someone has had the same problem as me just with the CL sites and has contacted the caravan club about it. So it look like it works fine on some.

nsp24 replied on 08/01/2019 20:23

Posted on 08/01/2019 20:23

Update

It appears to be working now looks like the file might of been sorted.

Thanks guys

Jonnie5 replied on 30/01/2019 19:40

Posted on 30/01/2019 19:40

Hi 

Can some one point me in the direction to the download section cannot find it for the ov2 file.

Thanks

SeasideBill replied on 06/02/2019 20:05

Posted on 06/02/2019 20:05

I’ve successfully downloaded ov2 files or all the usual suspects to my newly acquired TomTom Go Camper. However, I can’t find a way of downloading the .bmp files for the map icons. Does anybody know how to do this? When the TomTom is connected to a PC I can transfer the ov2 files via USB cable, but the PC will not recognise the TomTom device as a disk drive in order to transfer other files.

Jonnie5 - search for ov2 files on CMC website in ‘downloads’ sections. Others available, just search for POI + related organisation e.g. National Trust, ACSI etc. Plenty out there!

DavidKlyne replied on 07/02/2019 09:16

Posted on 06/02/2019 20:05 by SeasideBill

I’ve successfully downloaded ov2 files or all the usual suspects to my newly acquired TomTom Go Camper. However, I can’t find a way of downloading the .bmp files for the map icons. Does anybody know how to do this? When the TomTom is connected to a PC I can transfer the ov2 files via USB cable, but the PC will not recognise the TomTom device as a disk drive in order to transfer other files.

Jonnie5 - search for ov2 files on CMC website in ‘downloads’ sections. Others available, just search for POI + related organisation e.g. National Trust, ACSI etc. Plenty out there!

Posted on 07/02/2019 09:16

Bill

Years ago it was so easy to transfer files to a TomTom by drag and drop. Unfortunately TomTom have abandoned the Windows FAT 32 file system so the only way to load is via TomTom software. Bolero Boy, another poster on this forum some time ago wrote a post about the complications of the TomTom system. As I understand it TomTom no longer allow you to download a .bmp files the POI's have to be attached to an existing generic heading .bmp. My own TomTom is getting pretty old now although it does have the Camper Maps installed. I would like the new device but am somewhat put off by the complications introduced by TomTom. Shame really as my TomTom has been really good.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook