Thetford C262 Flush Issue

Pondman replied on 26/03/2023 19:59

Posted on 26/03/2023 19:59

My flush was not working which was probably due to the corrosion around the terminals to the PCB Flush switch. Ordered new Thetford switch but did not cure problem. Whilst cleaning the connections further a couple broke away. I can easily identify the red live as connected to end socket but struggling with the remaining 3 black. I appreciate that the additional black cables come from the Reed switch but difficult to follow the cables without removing toilet and following the cables. The far end one away from the pump connector is the live. I tried switching the cables around but could not get the pump going. Tested pump on a 12v battery and it works. Some combinations cause the Reed switch light to come on permanently even though the toilet cassette is not even installed.

Photo attached of the old PCB It is connections 1 2 and 3 I am unsure of.

Does anyone have a diagram of the PCB indicating what each of the connections are connected to please? 

Thank You

Martin

jennyc replied on 04/04/2023 20:49

Posted on 04/04/2023 20:49

I think, that to make a start on this you need to clearly identify you toilet model, so that informed internet searches can be made. The general issue of corrosion is as old as time. I think that we’ve replaced four ‘in tank’ components over the years. It’s important to take photos before disturbing electrical wiring, but you’ve already found that out. Tagging wires too helps a lot.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook