Thetford C260 fuse location

MyraP replied on 02/03/2019 15:30

Posted on 02/03/2019 15:30

I hope someone can help. Our Thetford cassette toilet stopped flushing. The booklet says it’s a self resetting fuse. There is no info at all where the fuse is located.

We did take the cassette out but just can not see a fuse? Looking on you tube etc doesn’t show this actual model. Other models seem to have a visible fuse.

Has anyone got this particular model that could help please?

Thanks

lagerorwine replied on 06/03/2019 19:35

Posted on 06/03/2019 19:35

I cant help with fuse location, but are you sure this is the cause of the problem.

My toilet refused to flush on a couple of occasions after standing a few weks, and it was the pump impeller that had stuck. To get to it, you have to peel back the top cover where the flush button is.

I believe you can also have problems with the circuit board below the flush button.

MyraP replied on 07/03/2019 07:55

Posted on 07/03/2019 07:55

Thanks for replying. No I don't know whether it's fuse but was going to start with that. How do I know if the pump impeller has stuck? I did see a you tube video showing you how to get pump out.

I do have a caravan repair man that can look at it. 

Hakinbush replied on 07/03/2019 08:04

Posted on 07/03/2019 08:04

Just a little tip Myra, put the bathroom light on and press the flush button if the impeller is just stuck the light would dim a little,also in some cassette cupboards there's a fuse in a holder at the rear base behind the tank.

lagerorwine replied on 09/03/2019 13:23

Posted on 09/03/2019 13:23

If the impeller is stuck, it just needs a little 'help' with a screwdriver usually to free it. If you peel the label back gently, then it re-attaches easily, without needing a new one. Mines been opened 3 times and still OK.

steve1821 replied on 05/06/2021 21:01

Posted on 06/03/2019 19:35 by lagerorwine

I cant help with fuse location, but are you sure this is the cause of the problem.

My toilet refused to flush on a couple of occasions after standing a few weks, and it was the pump impeller that had stuck. To get to it, you have to peel back the top cover where the flush button is.

I believe you can also have problems with the circuit board below the flush button.

Posted on 05/06/2021 21:01

This fixed my issue, thanks. Carefully eased the cover around the switch and 2 screws to remove the part that the pump hangs from. Gave the impeller a turn and it worked fine. Also helped by the comment about pushing flush button to see if the lights dim, indicating the power was being called by the switch. 

SStripsaway replied on 26/06/2022 18:36

Posted on 26/06/2022 18:36

Mine is C262 model stopped flushing. The fuse is in the main 12volt fuses under Sprite caravan seat but that was ok.

It turned out to be the tiny pump in the cistern was seized and just needed a spin with pointed tool. I accessed the pump by peeling back the label on the flush switch and prising out the switch assembly. Then remove the 2 screws and pull up the pipes with the pump on the end.

Surprising how much scale and bits had accumulated in the pump impeller.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook