Thetford c250 toilet leak

Wolfie1 replied on 08/06/2021 19:50

Posted on 08/06/2021 19:50

So we were away last week and had an awesome time but 1 issue arose that the toilet was leaking inside its housing between the cassette and the toilet, now after a bit of reading there was 2 things that i come across first was the seal and 2 thin spacers that go below it to make it sit a bit tighter against the seal, i have ordered a seal and fitted it but cannot see where to buy the spacers and where they should go, does anyone know the answer to this bit?

Thanks

Muckyrob replied on 05/10/2022 14:35

Posted on 05/10/2022 14:35

I have a similar problem, some waste is clearly leaking into the cabinet where the cassette sits, i have checked the cassette for leaks, but all seems well, so can only surmise that the problem is a bowl to cassette seal issue. Is it hard to change the seal, are they readily available? Did you ever find your mysterious spacers?

Metheven replied on 05/10/2022 14:51

Posted on 05/10/2022 14:51

@ Muckyrob. You need to post the model number of your cassette/toilet. I have the Thetford C250 and just replaced the lip seal as it had slightly hardened over the years, but as far as I know for this cassette model there are no spacers, neither for the cassette or the bottom of the bowl.

EmilysDad replied on 05/10/2022 15:05

Posted on 05/10/2022 14:35 by Muckyrob

I have a similar problem, some waste is clearly leaking into the cabinet where the cassette sits, i have checked the cassette for leaks, but all seems well, so can only surmise that the problem is a bowl to cassette seal issue. Is it hard to change the seal, are they readily available? Did you ever find your mysterious spacers?

Posted on 05/10/2022 15:05

Ours has leaked there when tissue has been trapped in the blade.

Muckyrob replied on 05/10/2022 15:53

Posted on 05/10/2022 15:53

I have found a useful video, see link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OCJSU21wwY

Navigateur replied on 05/10/2022 17:34

Posted on 05/10/2022 17:34

There is a very small gap between casette and the base of the bowl so that the casette can be extracted.  Fluid could leak here if the blade is closed and liquid placed into the bowl. Closing the blade before the rinse has all drained is a likely culprit.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook