Thetford Aspire 2 drop down oven door

Stagdad1962 replied on 28/03/2023 15:36

Posted on 28/03/2023 15:36

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows where I could purchase a new complete oven door for my Thetford Aspire 2 SCK23XXX Series. I put my unit in for a service having bought it privately last July. Unfortunately the technician noted that the inner glass and retaining brackets were missing on the oven door. We had not used the oven and missed this completely. I am now being told that you can only replace the door completely, as the inner glass retaining brackets cannot be bought as seperate spare parts. Now I,m being told that this oven has been discontinued, and I may not get a replacement oven door and may even have to replace the oven completely, which I am reluctant to do as it looks as if it has never been used. Whats your thoughts or advice, obviously I am trying to source a replacement oven door while trying to avoid the purchase of a  new oven as a very last resort.  

Simon100 replied on 28/03/2023 20:58

Posted on 28/03/2023 20:58

A Google search on your oven came up with this site. Hopefully it helps. I used them for a glass top which was smashed and had good service from them.

https://www.inter-spares.co.uk/thetford/thetford-cooker-oven-spare-parts/ck23000-aspire.html

Stagdad1962 replied on 03/04/2023 13:57

Posted on 03/04/2023 13:57

Turns out the cooker/oven has been discontinued and the inner glass no longer available. Managed to source a complete oven door replacement with inner and outer glass had to be special order though 

Stagdad1962 replied on 05/04/2023 09:54

Posted on 05/04/2023 09:54

Turned out that I sourced several suppliers who have said they have the complete doors in stock although some took a while to respond back & some said the doors were not available. However I am a little peeved that none could supply the inner glass only, which is the only piece missing. The oven in all honesty looks as if it has had limited use or has not been used at all, probably as a consequence of the broken inner glass panel being missing which may have happened very early on in the life of this van. The previous owner did say they had never used the oven, so may have been a clue in that statement. We had not owned a van previously so were pretty green, but will deffo know to check for the likes of  this when we change. Also found out the solar panel regulator was gone, a few months back, so had to replace that. However, solar panels now working perfect. Just had van serviced and the technicians commented on the overall great condition of the van, apart of course for the oven door which they quickly picked up on. Suppose I should be thankful everything is as it should be, with only minimal parts missing.  smile  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook