Swift Command system & app problems

DJCT replied on 28/01/2023 19:52

Posted on 28/01/2023 19:52

I have just taken delivery of a new Swift Conqueror 480, 2022 model. One of the main features is tthe swift command system which controls most functions both from a screen above the door and via an app.

Chief among these is control of the LED lighting which stretches the whole length of the interior. Divided into two zones, a dimmer (dimmer2 on the screen and in the app) controls the lighting in the lounge area, which also responds to a manual switch in the kitchen.  Lighting in the kitchen and entrance area is separate and controlled by a switch low down in the entrance doorway. This area looks as though it should be dimmable by using dimmer1 on the screen or in the app, which moves as directed from on/off and level 5% to 100%, but without any effect on any lighting!

I'm having difficulty believing that this is the manner in which it was designed to operate and wonder if any members can enlighten me.

nelliethehooker replied on 28/01/2023 20:34

Posted on 28/01/2023 19:52 by DJCT

I have just taken delivery of a new Swift Conqueror 480, 2022 model. One of the main features is tthe swift command system which controls most functions both from a screen above the door and via an app.

Chief among these is control of the LED lighting which stretches the whole length of the interior. Divided into two zones, a dimmer (dimmer2 on the screen and in the app) controls the lighting in the lounge area, which also responds to a manual switch in the kitchen.  Lighting in the kitchen and entrance area is separate and controlled by a switch low down in the entrance doorway. This area looks as though it should be dimmable by using dimmer1 on the screen or in the app, which moves as directed from on/off and level 5% to 100%, but without any effect on any lighting!

I'm having difficulty believing that this is the manner in which it was designed to operate and wonder if any members can enlighten me.

Posted on 28/01/2023 20:34

We have the same issue, and will get it looked at when the van goes in for its next service. We do seldom use that set of lights so as far as we are concerned it's not worth taking the van in just for the dealer to sort it out. Good to know that it isn't just us with this issue.

the browser replied on 28/01/2023 21:35

Posted on 28/01/2023 21:35

On the Conqueror 480 only 1 dimmer function is operational on larger models it operates the lights at the back end of the van 

DJCT replied on 28/01/2023 22:20

Posted on 28/01/2023 21:35 by the browser

On the Conqueror 480 only 1 dimmer function is operational on larger models it operates the lights at the back end of the van 

Posted on 28/01/2023 22:20

That's really bizarre. Two sets of lights two sets of switches two dimmers but one set of lights is not connected to the system and can only be used at 100% and switched off at the door. I sometimes wonder at Swift design teams......

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook