Swift Command Engine Running

ijefferyes replied on 27/06/2021 23:40

Posted on 27/06/2021 23:40

I have recently bought a Swift Sprite Super Quattro and I wanted to ask a question about the command center.

I just had the car electrics upgraded to a 13pin, but as soon as I now connect the car to the caravan, the Command screen says Engine Running.

This message shows whether I have the engine running or not. 

What it means is that I can't access the Power screen to see the current being provided by the car and I also can't access the settings to change the fridge. 

Is this correct? Seems strange to me. 

ijefferyes replied on 28/06/2021 23:14

Posted on 28/06/2021 23:14

Just found this in the Owner Handbook. Bit ambiguous, but does suggest I should only get this message once the engine is running rather than all the time.

Anyone able to confirm for sure? 

ijefferyes replied on 04/07/2021 19:57

Posted on 04/07/2021 19:57

Dealer have said this is normal, and as soon as you plug in the car, this is the message you get.

Still seems a little strange, but will have to take their word for it. 

Stewwroey replied on 31/08/2024 11:25

Posted on 31/08/2024 11:25

I'm having the same issue now then in the 2019 elegance, I after disconnect from car to get 12v working 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook