Swift challenger rear view camera

replied on 15/05/2021 10:14

Posted on 15/05/2021 10:14

Hi, I’ve just bought a challenger that has a rear view camera. On my first trip i hoped to use it to help reversing. But my car (a Range Rover evoque that has its own rear view camera) didn’t show pics from the caravan camera - it just showed a message saying the car’s rear view camera was disabled whilst towing.

im unsure what the problem is (as the towbar electrics are vehicle specific).

Has anyone had this problem/know how to solve it so I can see images from the caravan’s camera?

MaxHeadroom replied on 18/05/2021 11:10

Posted on 18/05/2021 11:10

Hi, I bought a Challenger X with a rear view camera. It took a while to get it working as there were no instructions provided. You should have received a small tablet device and screen mount etc. Lowdhams did send me over some instructions which I can scan and email over to you if it helps. Not sure how you can connect it to an Evoque's system though (my Discovery Sport doesn't have that option). 

That said, you can either use the tablet provided or use your mobile phone with an app called WIFI AVIN. It mentions some compatibility problems with newer phones but works ok for me if you ignore the error.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook