Swift challenger 580 2016

ScreenName85B80B3993 replied on 07/09/2023 23:47

Posted on 07/09/2023 23:47

Hello everyone, I’m new to the discussion boards & still trying to find my way around so apologies if this is in the wrong place or been asked before.

we’re thinking of getting a Swift Challenger 580 & have seen quite a few 2016 ones for sale but have a couple of questions about them that I’m hoping someone can answer

firstly I’m getting a bit wary as there seems to be a few for sale of the same 2016 year so I’m wondering if there’s any problems I should be aware of?

then there’s different variations of the name but all look the same so wondering what the difference is - all Swift Challenger 580 but then SE, Hi Style, GTX, Kimberley or nothing added

Can anyone offer any thoughts?

thanks in advance 

Tirril replied on 18/09/2023 19:56

Posted on 18/09/2023 19:56

I bought new a 2016 Swift Elegance but sold it after 12 months due to it having 17 faults. We had a long overseas trip coming up and could not accept the frequent trips back to the retailer. The most common fault was the sliding runners carrying the drawers kept detaching from the woodwork (the runners were supposed to be held by plastic plugs but I had to glue them back in place. The final straw came when a sliding upright drawer next to the oven became loose. It required removing the oven to get at the screws. I met another caravaner with a twin axle of the same vintage, same problem but he used a different glue (Gorilla) which he claimed was even stronger!

Like buying any caravan just give it a thorough check and insist on a guarantee (probably 6 months for a second hand caravan from a reputable dealer.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook