Stinger 310 alarm problem

Scottie2 replied on 01/04/2015 17:50

Posted on 01/04/2015 17:50

Have a problem with a Stinger 310 caravan alarm . It arms and disarms from the key fob ok and will go off with tested but whereas the side repeaters and front and rear road lights used flash to confirm armed/disarmed , these no longer do so...They were working when I last had reason to notice them, and the caravan has not been used...When hooked up to the car all roadlights are working fine...Checked fuse number 12 in the Sargent unit which I think supplies a 12volt supply to the alarm, and it's fine...Someone suggested that the 12 volt supply may not be getting to the alarm unit and that it's working off it's stand-bye battery in which case the marker lights etc would not flash...I'm not too sure about checking out this possible electrical as the cause...Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem and what did they do to cure it.

EmilysDad replied on 25/05/2021 09:01

Posted on 25/05/2021 09:01

The original post is now 6 yrs old 😉

I dare say different times & different caravans flash different lights when arming the alarm but the 310 alarm on my caravan just puts the awning light on for a short time .... it's completely independent from the road lights. I can only say that I'm glad that Sargent don't make car alarms ... they're  not very good.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook