Solar Power

Colsom 1 replied on 02/02/2023 16:14

Posted on 02/02/2023 16:14

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's at all possible to run the 240v system in a caravan with portable solar panels and if so what would the cost be? I know very little about solar power other than the one on our van does nothing but keep the battery topped up. We have a Swift Sprite Super Quattro EB.

The reason I'm asking is because I find that the vast majority of 2 children's cycle race tracks"  AKA CAMC sites are getting very expensive, with some CL's catching up on the prices. I'm thinking that if I can power the caravan fully I could use the CL's with no hook up.

Thanks for reading.

Bakers2 replied on 02/02/2023 17:52

Posted on 02/02/2023 16:24 by Tinwheeler

Check out the following thread and others within the same section. Also, the CL section has a sticky thread of CLs without EHU.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/welcome-hobby-talk/tips-for-making-caravanning-touring-cheaper/how-to-survive-a-non-240v-ehu-site/

Posted on 02/02/2023 17:52

Great thread. Grab a cuppa and make notes. Merve has it well sussed. I hope you can use some of the tips. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook