Side dinette bunk - want one fitting

UnicornsRus replied on 04/08/2021 21:56

Posted on 04/08/2021 21:56

We are looking to modify a Bailey unicorn Madrid. The one we have seen is a 3 berth but we've seen versions that have a side dinette bunk. Does anyone know if you can have one retro fitted? We live in Sheffield but any suggestions would be useful.

JohnM20 replied on 05/08/2021 07:43

Posted on 05/08/2021 07:43

I can't help you specifically but it will depend on the construction of the caravan as to whether the wall is reinforced sufficiently to take the extra weight of both bunk and person in it.

What I can tell you is that it will take between more than15kg OFF your available payload. I know this as I have taken a bunk out of my Lunar. It weighed just over 15kg.

JVB66 replied on 05/08/2021 08:09

Posted on 05/08/2021 08:09

I very much dought that you will be able the retrofit a bunk bed to your caravan as the body sides of each model ,will have weight bearing strengthening pieces in the wall panels where needed when constructed, if you do a search on the  Bailey website it shows how alutec panel are put together

I would think a free standing  bunk bed would be an option

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook