Shower mixer cartridge

armourer replied on 02/05/2021 15:00

Posted on 02/05/2021 15:00

how do you remove the plastic nut which holds the cartridge in place ?

the nut is recessed about 3mm from flush so you cannot get any grip on it with water pump pliers etc

looks like a box spanner is required ?

anyone had this problem ?

trellis replied on 03/05/2021 09:08

Posted on 03/05/2021 09:08

I had to do exactly the same job last week on my bailey Orion. I'm a bit concerned about the plastic nut you mention ? . Once I'd removed the handle then undid the cowl there was a brass nut , took that off and just lifted cartridge out . Wondering if your shower tap isn't original. If the cartridge is 35mil diameter , you can pick them up at Screwfix for less than a fiver . Good luck.

armourer replied on 04/05/2021 10:14

Posted on 04/05/2021 10:14

van is only 8 month old and yes ive seen metal nuts before 

never seen a plastic nut and recessed so will be a bugger to get out 

trellis replied on 04/05/2021 13:40

Posted on 04/05/2021 13:40

Armourer . If you are not intending to use the van any time soon I'd get it straight back to your supplier .There's no way a tap cartridge should be screwed in a van that's only 8 months old , has to be a warranty job and let them have the hassle . I'd get them to replace the other existing cartridges as well . Be on the safe side.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook