Sargent E C 175 Power Supply Unit

1troutfisher replied on 15/06/2021 09:32

Posted on 15/06/2021 09:32

Hello,

On my recent trip away, and on the first setup, I discovered I did not have a 230v supply coming into my 2019 caravan. The warden tested his end, and my cable, both ok, so it seems the fault is in the van. My dealer is due to look at it, but he tells me with the Sargent units he can only confirm it is at fault, but cannot attempt a repair because they only do this themselves, but at least it is still under warranty. Not very happy so far because I had to cancel the remainder of our trip.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced any similar problems with this power unit.

Thanks

EmilysDad replied on 15/06/2021 11:12

Posted on 15/06/2021 11:12

some Sargent units use a kettle type plug on the incoming supply ... it's not unheard of for it to come lose.

Tigi replied on 15/06/2021 20:19

Posted on 15/06/2021 20:19

The dealer will as you say confirm the fault with Sargent, they should then follow advice on rectification from Sargent which will probably include checking all plug ins. From my experience of problems with Sargent they are quick at responding and sending parts out. You can call their help line yourself for advice. 

1troutfisher replied on 16/06/2021 08:34

Posted on 16/06/2021 08:34

Thank you for the reply's, pity it doesn't have kettle type plug, no micro switches tripped, so I think I will call them just find out what they think, then leave to my dealer.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook