Replacing mixer tap 2003 Hymer T625

ClubMemberC02808BB2C replied on 29/07/2023 13:08

Posted on 29/07/2023 13:08

Hi all, 

We're newbies to the motorhome world and have recently purchased our first motorhome (2003 Hymer T625).

After our first little outing we've discovered the tap housing is broken on the mixer tap for the kitchen sink. I'm looking at replacing the tap and have found a match with Brownhills. 

The problem I'm having is I can't seem to find any instructional videos online on how to replace. I'm guessing I'll need to remove the sink to be able to take out the original tap as getting at it from underneath is virtually impossible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Kev

replied on 29/07/2023 14:09

Posted on 29/07/2023 14:09

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

chasncath replied on 30/07/2023 11:14

Posted on 30/07/2023 11:14

As a former owner of a Hymer motorhome I know how difficult access to taps can be. It's the blue shower mixer tap that's the worst! As DD has said you should be able to to get access by removing the door and the tray and cutlery drawer. Hymer used a very large nut to hold taps in place. You may have to destroy the old tap completely to get it out if you can't get a spanner onto the nut.

You need to disconnect the 12v supply before you start. 2003 vintage taps will have a micro switch to control the pump. Your relacement tap needs to have a microswitch, but doesn't have to be a Hymer-supplied spare. Hymer always have spare parts, even for older vans, but they are expensive. Have a look on ebay or consult your local caravan repairer.

ClubMemberC02808BB2C replied on 31/07/2023 07:51

Posted on 30/07/2023 11:14 by chasncath

As a former owner of a Hymer motorhome I know how difficult access to taps can be. It's the blue shower mixer tap that's the worst! As DD has said you should be able to to get access by removing the door and the tray and cutlery drawer. Hymer used a very large nut to hold taps in place. You may have to destroy the old tap completely to get it out if you can't get a spanner onto the nut.

You need to disconnect the 12v supply before you start. 2003 vintage taps will have a micro switch to control the pump. Your relacement tap needs to have a microswitch, but doesn't have to be a Hymer-supplied spare. Hymer always have spare parts, even for older vans, but they are expensive. Have a look on ebay or consult your local caravan repairer.

Posted on 31/07/2023 07:51

That's great, thanks for the replies guys. Chasncath do you know how to remove the cutlery drawer by any chance?

Cheers

Kev

richardandros replied on 31/07/2023 08:12

Posted on 31/07/2023 07:51 by ClubMemberC02808BB2C

That's great, thanks for the replies guys. Chasncath do you know how to remove the cutlery drawer by any chance?

Cheers

Kev

Posted on 31/07/2023 08:12

If it's anything like the one in our Knaus - and I had to do it to replace the m/s on the kitchen tap - there are two catches at each end of the drawer runners (not easily seen at first).  Flip these up and then give the whole drawer a sharp tug upwards and it will come away from the runner. It takes a bit of courage because you have to be quite rough with it - which was against my inclinations, but once mastered it's easy.  Refitting is just the reverse procedure.  Good luck.

chasncath replied on 31/07/2023 12:00

Posted on 31/07/2023 08:12 by richardandros

If it's anything like the one in our Knaus - and I had to do it to replace the m/s on the kitchen tap - there are two catches at each end of the drawer runners (not easily seen at first).  Flip these up and then give the whole drawer a sharp tug upwards and it will come away from the runner. It takes a bit of courage because you have to be quite rough with it - which was against my inclinations, but once mastered it's easy.  Refitting is just the reverse procedure.  Good luck.

Posted on 31/07/2023 12:00

I never quite remebered how to get the drawer runners detached each time I removed them ( had the hymer for 18 years). You should be able to remove the plastic moulded tray part by simply lifting and removing, leaving the runners and the front face. As R says, pressing catches and tugging should do the rest.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook