Registering for 12 months wifi

Suzanne D replied on 21/07/2021 09:29

Posted on 21/07/2021 09:29

Hi everyone. Newbie here. We are wanting to register for a WiFi package. I can't seem to find where we do this. Was wanting to get it sorted before we travel tomorrow.

Thanks in advance 

Tinwheeler replied on 21/07/2021 09:35

Posted on 21/07/2021 09:35

You buy in online once you're on site and connected to the WiFi.

However, I urge you to read the threads on this forum concerning site wifi before parting with your hard earned cash.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/07/2021 13:01

Posted on 21/07/2021 09:29 by Suzanne D

Hi everyone. Newbie here. We are wanting to register for a WiFi package. I can't seem to find where we do this. Was wanting to get it sorted before we travel tomorrow.

Thanks in advance 

Posted on 21/07/2021 13:01

Suzanne

As TW points out, you can only buy Club WiFi whilst on a Club site. When on site for the first time go into setting for your device and click connect to the CMC WiFi. When it connects it should open a browser page where you can register and pay for WiFi. The annual pass is by far the best value particularly if you use a fair number of Club sites. The health warning is probably that don't expect the same speed as you get at home. Whilst the club is upgrading the network to Fibre on some sites it can be a bit slow elsewhere, so you may find it works better at quieter times of day. Many of us now tend to use the 4G signal on our phones to provide a tethered connection to whatever device we are using.

David

Tammygirl replied on 24/07/2021 14:10

Posted on 21/07/2021 09:29 by Suzanne D

Thanks in advance 

Posted on 24/07/2021 14:10

I would strongly advise against buying the wifi for club sites, its not fit for purpose to be honest.

Much better to look for more data on your phone or buy a data Sim. If you are wanting to stream something you will not be able to do so on the club wifi.

We have a mifi with data sim in it, we use it on ALL sites club and none club, we use CLs a lot so no wifi on most of those. We also travel abroad a fair bit (in normal times) the mifi works well over there and you can buy data sim cards on line very reasonable.

heddlo replied on 24/07/2021 15:45

Posted on 24/07/2021 15:45

As has already been advised please don’t waste your money.  Club wi-fi, if it’s working, will only support one device which is very frustrating if you both want to look at something.  It’s very unreliable and often just drops out.  We have O2 and EE and use hotspots which have proved more than satisfactory on most sites for a couple of years now.  On one site recently we had 75mbps download speed, much faster than our domestic BT fibre.  With Club WiFi you will be lucky to get 5mbps.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook