Raising toilet seat height

pterodactyl replied on 19/02/2024 17:29

Posted on 19/02/2024 17:29

We have a Thetford C262 cassette toilet fitted in our 2015 Bailey Unicorn 3 caravan. Due to hip replacement we need to raise the height of the seat by about 2 inches. We initially thought we could buy a seat raiser from Thetford but they only manufacture raisers for their C2/3/4 series non of which will fit our model. Does anyone have any advice or alternative options for raisers.

DavidKlyne replied on 19/02/2024 17:45

Posted on 19/02/2024 17:45

When I had my hip replacement the hospital loaned me a riser for a domestic toilet and I wonder if the same sort of thing might help in your caravan. It really depends how soon after your operation you intend using the caravan? We didn't use the caravan until 12 weeks after my op (more to do with me towing and sorting the caravan rather than any toilet issues) and by then I didn't need the riser, just a thought.

David

pterodactyl replied on 20/02/2024 15:53

Posted on 20/02/2024 15:53

Thanks David and Tinwheeler

I have looked at online options and trying to get as close a size match as possible. One hip done and 2 years to wait for the next one! Raiser will be a long term item so will try to get as close a fit as possible.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook