Radio Aerial not working ?

jtrendell replied on 11/05/2022 20:02

Posted on 11/05/2022 20:02

I have a 2018 Swift Classic with the radio aerial built into the TV antennae (I believe) TV works fine but no signal on radio, changed it out but no go then hooked up an old car radio aerial and bingo, all works fine. Anyone else had this? I have checked the connection at the booster and ensured switched on but notice the wire coming out of the booster is white, but the wire supplying the back of the unit is black so there must be a connection somewhere ? 

EmilysDad replied on 12/05/2022 09:08

Posted on 12/05/2022 09:08

The last Status aerial I had apart had no connection to the two side mounted extended aerial masts .... purely decorative 🤷‍♂️

Amesford replied on 12/05/2022 11:17

Posted on 12/05/2022 11:17

you could disconnect both ends short out one end and using a mulitmeter do a continuity test to see if there is a break, sounds like you have already checked the coax plugs were coax can easily be pulled out  Our 2015 Swift has the separate radio  aerial 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook