Protec towing covers

geoffeales replied on 16/08/2022 15:46

Posted on 16/08/2022 15:46

Having spent a small fortune on two new front windows for my ageing Coachman I'm thinking about buying a Protec towing cover, however, they don't list my van, so I'm wondering how much "give" there is on the central zip or the cover overall. Failing that, can anyone recommend a cover that might offer more flexibility?

Charlotte replied on 17/08/2022 12:24

Posted on 17/08/2022 12:24

We had a Protec Cover for our Swift and in the first instance it was very good and reliable. However after a few years of use it started to show its age and eventually ripped in a few places. More importantly from your point of view we now noticed an etched pattern of the zip all the way up the centre of our window. It has permanently marked the window. I think this has happened due to us leaving the cover on when stored as opposed to using it just for towing. In my opinion I wouldn't buy another one and go for one of the more expensive brands. 

heddlo replied on 17/08/2022 18:28

Posted on 17/08/2022 18:28

We have a zipped Protec towing cover and I don’t think there is much ‘give’ in the zipper part, there is a little so it fits snugly but not a lot.  Have you tried giving them a call?  From our experience having had a few of their products, and a repair done, we have found them very helpful.  We haven’t had any issues with scratches on the windows and I did read that they are not to be left on for extended periods of time.  The older style Protec towing cover had side clips with adjustment on all the straps - don’t know if they can still supply that type.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook