Problem with Thetford c262 toilet

Shevi replied on 29/04/2016 21:26

Posted on 29/04/2016 21:26

We are away at the moment and our toilet won't work. When you press the blue button on the top nothing happens it does not flush and the red light is not on does anyone have any ideas as to what maybe wrong with this? 

MeatHome replied on 29/04/2016 23:03

Posted on 29/04/2016 23:03

It sounds as though the fuse has blown

You do not say the make or model but there should be a fuse somewhere

I suggest you look in the area of the waste container and you may find an in line fuse

On an older van i found that travelling with water in the flush container had corroded the terminals on the flushing button and it was necessary to replace the flush button unit

Shevi replied on 30/04/2016 07:11

Posted on 30/04/2016 07:11

Thanks it is a 2 year old bailey unicorn. We have looked for the fuse and anno find it. We thought it maybe with the fuse panel but no luck.

Heethers replied on 30/04/2016 11:19

Posted on 30/04/2016 11:19

You need to carefully prize the switch on top of the toilet out very fine flat screw driver does the trick the fuse is on the back of the mother board it just lifts out. if its not on the switch may well be in cassette compartment. Also check the fuse on the psu unit. From memory on my 2012 Madrid it was 7.5 amps

eyebrowsb replied on 30/04/2016 12:22

Posted on 30/04/2016 12:22

Interesting .... we had exactly the same problem (2013 Unicorn) earlier this year.  We couldn't find a fuse either.  We were on a CL at the time with no facilities, so spent 3 days flushing the loo with a watering can Laughing

We intended to phone the dealer when we got home, but on day 4 the flush button worked, and we haven't had a problem since.  Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon Undecided

Lettsadventures replied on 15/10/2021 19:11

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:11

Thanks for the info

had a moment with mine when it wouldn’t work

peered into the cassette capacity with a big torch for a couple of moments searching for a fuse but couldn’t find one

came inside the caravan and watched a couple of helpful YouTube visitors

found a screwdriver 

Then spoke to the toilet sternly and suggested it should make better choices tried the flush button again and it burst into life

they are obviously sentient

nelliethehooker replied on 15/10/2021 20:32

Posted on 15/10/2021 20:32

Letts, if it stops working again try taking out the top component with the button in it and dry it off underside with a hair dryer. It could just be condensation in the part that's stopping it from working. 

commeyras replied on 16/10/2021 13:00

Posted on 16/10/2021 13:00

I too was going to suggest the same as nellie.  Letts situation does sound like damp under the top cover.  We had a similar problem a couple of years ago with a C250 toilet.  Was able to check fuse ok (it was in the cassette compartment) so carefully pealed off top component dried it out and then sprayed with a damp repelling spray.  This seems to be fairly common fault but easy to remedy.  If using caravan at moment the difference in temp inside the caravan and the top of the flush water tank is likely to result in condensation which could affect the rcd contacts so recommend you dry the rcd  anyway

walkera99 replied on 23/05/2023 15:45

Posted on 29/04/2016 21:26 by Shevi

We are away at the moment and our toilet won't work. When you press the blue button on the top nothing happens it does not flush and the red light is not on does anyone have any ideas as to what maybe wrong with this? 

Posted on 23/05/2023 15:45

Our Thetford had the light on but wouldn’t flush when we pressed the button. 
Turned out to be a seized pump after 6 months without use. 
we prised off the panel on the top of the toilet (where the flush button is). Took out the two screws and, disconnected one of the wires from the board (just by pulling it like a plug) which allowed me to fully pull out the pump, which is like a 6” long blue tube. 
At the end of it there’s like some teeth on a wheel, put a bradawl in there and get it spinning. 
Reassembled and all good. 

Probably my greatest achievement in manly stuff aver, and make me want to eat a Yorkie and do some swearing 🤙🏼

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook