Power touch mover problem

clarinetman replied on 14/04/2024 08:39

Posted on 14/04/2024 08:39

Hi my power touch mover has started to drain the battery in seconds, I checked connections and ran it without it being on the wheels it starts ok then in a few seconds the voltage drops quickly to 9.4 where it cuts off . The battery returns up to 12.7 and if you switch the mover off and back on it works again but a few seconds later the battery drops again until 9.4 and cuts out again.

The caravan is plugged in at home and reaches 13 volts when unplugged.

Both battery and mover are 4 year old a year within their guarantee, any ideas please

richardandros replied on 15/04/2024 10:15

Posted on 15/04/2024 10:15

If it's not the battery, then there's probably a dodgy connection somewhere.  I had a similar problem with our last van and when the engineer turned up he found a loose connection on the post that the negatives from both control boxes were connected to. I know you said you've checked the connections but I'd have another look - all the way from the battery to the motors.

Old Mariner replied on 15/04/2024 10:22

Posted on 15/04/2024 10:22

Remove your battery and take it to a tyre/battery supplier and ask them to carry out a load test on the battery, this will then ascertain if the battery is faulty. Good luck.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook