Please help powrtouch mover won't auto engage

Sharktale replied on 16/07/2023 16:36

Posted on 16/07/2023 16:36

Hi, please can someone help. I was supposed to be going away this afternoon but I'm having no end of problems with the mover, I thought my leisure battery might be at fault so I bought a new one, however when I try to disengage the rollers with the handset it just spins on the tyre. Anyone got any ideas? It's on the road at the moment and I can't do anything😭

TimboC replied on 16/07/2023 16:46

Posted on 16/07/2023 16:46

Have you tried the old 'switch it off and switch it back on again' trick both with the handset and the main switch? Ours froze once, and that worked

Also, you should have a manual over ride handle somewhere that was supplied when new.

Other than that, I don't have any suggestions. Good luck!

Sharktale replied on 16/07/2023 16:59

Posted on 16/07/2023 16:59

Hi, tried the on off, even replaced the leisure battery. It makes the noise but just won't disengage just spins. I don't have the manual override handle. It's quite an old mover. 

Sharktale replied on 17/07/2023 19:34

Posted on 17/07/2023 19:34

Hi, yes I changed that too. I went out last night, to give it one more go, and it just worked! Thankfully. No idea what was wrong. I've not put it back on just in case. It's being serviced later in the week. 

Simon100 replied on 17/07/2023 20:43

Posted on 17/07/2023 20:43

Could there  have been some electrical interference causing the mover receiver to wrongly interpret the handset signal?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook