Nowhere to valet caravan

NoTimeFor replied on 07/05/2023 15:23

Posted on 07/05/2023 15:23

Based in south Birmingham but due to unfortunate, dreadful circumstances, not of my doing, I cannot wash my caravan at the storage and do not have a drive or parking at home so cannot do it there.  As a result I've searched online but only find mobile valeting, the storage do not allow access other than to owners so is not an option and as mentioned there is no facility at home for a caravan.

My question is, therefore, does anyone know of a valeting service around said area or further afield that has their own facilities where I could take the caravan?  Don't want to take it to one of the blast your decals off car wash setups where unqualified, casual labour is let loose.  I understand that advertising is forbidden but I'm just asking.

Same circumstances mean my caravan service booking looks to be no longer available.  This was to be completed before 23rd June.  Doubt I'll be able to get it booked at the dealers I used previously as they are usually booked up for months though I will phone on Monday on the off chance but not holding my breath.  So again any pointers would be appreciated.

Needs valeting as my illness last year and subsequent maladies has left me unable to keep on top of things and now trying catch up.  Perhaps may even get to use the caravan!

Thanks for any responses.

eribaMotters replied on 07/05/2023 16:42

Posted on 07/05/2023 16:42

can understand your storage facility not allowing anybody other than an owner in unattended, but surely if they are with you there should not be an issue. I'd phone them again and tell them you are coming with company, due to your medical? condition. 

richardandros replied on 08/05/2023 05:25

Posted on 08/05/2023 05:25

I can thoroughly recommend Paul at Tourershine - based in Leicester.  He came to do our van a couple of months ago.  At 4 years old - whilst I always try to keep it gleaming, it was starting to look a bit 'used'.  The transformation was dramatic and when he's finished, it looked as if it had just come out of the showroom.  The roof was particularly bad and I couldn't get up there to clean it properly but after his work, it was like the rest of the van. 

I got the impression he works from home and he travels to do his work but he's a lovely person and I'm sure if you have a chat with him and explain your situation, he will do what he can to help.

He's not cheap and has a long waiting list but he's been in the business for 30 years or so and knows what he is doing.  I can guarantee you won't be disappointed with his work.

Here's the link to my previous post

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook