New Coachman VIP 565

Barsar replied on 25/05/2021 17:15

Posted on 25/05/2021 17:15

I have recently returned from my first outing in our new Coachman and would like to say how very impressed I am with it.

My last caravan built in Bristol had 15 faults, the Coachman had none.

The van is very well put together and feels extremely solid. Attention to detail is impressive with excellent lighting, well designed kitchen area, comfortable beds, a very well fitted out washroom and more cushions than you can shake a stick at. The only minor niggles are the lack internal cupboard shelves and coat hooks, though there is an extendible hanger in the shower cubicle for wet coats.

The exterior looks attractive and again feels very solid. External BBQ and electric points are easily accessible and there is easy access to the gas and battery lockers.

In this day and age people only take the time and trouble to write about their negative experiences so I am very pleased to provide positive feedback on my recent purchase.

The van was purchased from Ebor Leisure World of York.

Well done, Coachman!

Whittakerr replied on 26/05/2021 09:44

Posted on 26/05/2021 09:44

It's good to hear from someone who has a good thing to say about the quality of their new caravan.

I am pleased to hear you are very happy with your purchase and hope you have many trouble free years of enjoyment from it. 

replied on 26/05/2021 09:53

Posted on 26/05/2021 09:53

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 26/05/2021 10:14

Posted on 26/05/2021 10:14

Glad you had a great experience, dont listen to the "prophets of doom" I have a 2008 Coachman Amara 550/5, built like a tank, I bought it 2nd hand off some site wardens in 2010, never had a problem, highest damp reading at last service 40% in front locker, seal worn around grab handles 10 minute fix, rest 25% or below. We have too many cupboards, as only 2 of us many not used, if I had a complaint i would say bathroom is quite small compared to many other vans, but you dont live in the bathroom and it has been adequate on sites just now where you have to use your own facilities, and the drain off from the 2 sinks is at rear of van and runs almost parallel to the underside and level so slow to drain, i just tilt slightly front to back. "External BBQ and electric points are easily accessible and there is easy access to the gas and battery lockers" ditto. Should really down size as only 2 of us now, but love the space. Hope you have many happy days.

Roger McNair replied on 26/05/2021 22:02

Posted on 26/05/2021 22:02

Great to hear how impressed you are with your new Coachman. We collected our new Laser 575 Xcel at the end of April and have been extremely impressed with the build quality and overall design. Everything worked perfectly on our first outing. Our only niggle was a faulty in-line fuse in the German manufactured air conditioning unit which our dealer identified before handover and rectified when the part arrived.  We shortlisted the Coachman and a Knaus Sudwind, the Coachman winning out on design. Hope you have many happy adventures to come in your caravan! 

JVB66 replied on 28/05/2021 09:11

Posted on 28/05/2021 09:11

Our last two Bristol made C/vans have been almost trouble free and when there has been a problem it has been equipment bought from EU countries ie fridge and roof strap

And over the many years we have had quite a few LVs of most types ,we have had a couple of really bad ones

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook