Motorhome flush leak

PandaJan replied on 04/04/2021 13:32

Posted on 04/04/2021 13:32

Hi, found water in the shower tray/floor of bathroom in our motorhome. Upon investigation we found that there is no leak if the flush is pushed down on the toilet itself. When the plug/rubber bung is removed to drain down the actual flush tank water runs into the shower tray/floor. I am not exactly sure but it might be once the water reaches a certain level as it didn't leak in straight away, but not sure. The leak is in the corner where the toilet meets the wall. Removed a mouse hole shaped plastic plate but that didn't reveal anything. Find this really strange, any ideas?

It is a Thetford toilet on a Peugeot motorhome. Thank you in advance, all ideas/advice welcome.

peedee replied on 04/04/2021 14:25

Posted on 04/04/2021 14:25

Drain downs for flush tanks are usually external to the van as is the top up point. Are you sure the bung belongs to the flush tank, they are usually on the end of a glass tube. If it so you have an unusual installation!

peedee

JVB66 replied on 04/04/2021 15:18

Posted on 04/04/2021 15:18

The drain down pipe on thetford toilet flush tanks seem shorter than in the past ,,i make sure when emptying i hold the pipe as clear as possible  away from LV ,on the list of to dos is to make the pipe longer, as it could well be the source of the "leak"

Tinwheeler replied on 04/04/2021 15:26

Posted on 04/04/2021 15:26

Thetford toilet models have changed over the years and also vary between motorhomes. It would help if you can tell us the toilet model and its age and the make/model of MH.

kenexton replied on 04/04/2021 16:13

Posted on 04/04/2021 16:13

It may be as simple as you have overfilled the flush tank.When we changed to our current 2019 Warwick Duo I had "the horrors" when I found pink flush liquid on the shower floor.Never had the problem with out two previous  MHs.After speaking to the Service Dept.at our dealership they pointed me to a bit in the Thetford toilet instructions which advised travelling with no more than half a tank of flush.I followed this advice and no more wet shower tray.Been at this game 33 years and still can learn something new.😳.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook