M/mover position impact upon noseweight?

flatcoat replied on 24/04/2022 19:01

Posted on 24/04/2022 19:01

does the position of the mover (in front or behind the axle/wheels) have any noticeable effect on noseweight? I am really struggling to get down to 70kg noseweight limit and pondering relocating the mover - if it will actually have any positive bearing….. I have relocated everything I can (within reason).

EmilysDad replied on 24/04/2022 19:14

Posted on 24/04/2022 19:14

As a motor mover is so close to the axle & at or below the centreline of the wheel, I wouldn't imagine it'd make much difference to nose weight whether in front or behind 🤔

eribaMotters replied on 24/04/2022 19:33

Posted on 24/04/2022 19:33

Mine is behind and no issues. As above, it is so close to the axle centre the effect should be negligible.

Colin

eribaMotters replied on 25/04/2022 10:39

Posted on 25/04/2022 10:39

I was initially concerned about muck being thrown up, but had no other option on fitting due to the shock absorbers location. After 5 summers and 15K + miles I've had no issues. I suppose with the wiring being at the back of the unit everything important is protected.

Colin

EdTyler replied on 25/04/2022 13:43

Posted on 25/04/2022 13:43

I agree with the above that moving the motor mover would really make little to no impact on the nose weight.

Have you tried removing everything from your front locker, including gas bottles, and see how much difference that makes????

Sometimes lockers can be a dumping ground for bits and bobs that we want to have easy access to.

You probably do this anyway, but make sure that your hot water tank is drained down too.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook