Maximum TV size

Durham and Barrow replied on 21/05/2022 15:42

Posted on 21/05/2022 15:42

Hi

I will be picking up my new Bailey Unicorn Vigo soon.

I am after what the maximum screen size will fit the wall bracket area in the kitchen / front end.

Working on using my present 24" in the bedroom but hopefully purchase a 28 or 32 version if they fit.

Cheers

John

RedKite replied on 21/05/2022 21:21

Posted on 21/05/2022 21:21

I would be quite concerned about what was the other side of the bracket supporting it, and whether the plan is to leave it on the bracket whilst towing, or dismount it and lay it flat somewhere.

With regard to size, the vesa bracket will be in the middle of the TV, so a quick tape measure into the corner, doubled up, will give you a left/right dimension when you take delivery.  The TV measurement will be a diagonal, so a bit more than your measurement.

SteveL replied on 21/05/2022 21:33

Posted on 21/05/2022 21:33

Personally I wouldn’t want to mount a TV of that weight on a caravan wall bracket. I suppose it depends how far away you are from it but we find our 16 inch Avtex weighing in at 1.5 kilos perfectly adequate. It has Freeview, Freesat and a DVD and uses minimal power off grid.

Durham and Barrow replied on 22/05/2022 07:14

Posted on 22/05/2022 07:14

Hi

I currently use the 24 on the front drawer unit of currant van.

This bracket is factory fit so I would assume it will have a decent bit of bracing behind - hopefully at just under 30k it would be.

I guess I will just have to wait until I pick the van up on Thursday to measure the width and purchase the other TV then.

the bracket is meant to be a quick release between the attached TV mounted part and the wall mounted part so fine for towing.

JVB66 replied on 22/05/2022 08:00

Posted on 22/05/2022 08:00

I would be very careful about travelling with  a TV on a bracket, we use a detachable TV mount fitted to the swivel bracket in both our LVs and do not have the TV mounted when travelling 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook