Locked out of Elddis Avante 840

Ramej replied on 04/07/2022 21:26

Posted on 04/07/2022 21:26

Hi, looking for some advice please.

My car was broken into a week ago, and both sets of keys for my Elddis 840 2019 model were stolen. The caravan is in a secure compound so I don’t think the thieves were targeting it, they’ve probably just thrown them away.

I’ve been told by the dealer and Elddis that the number to order spare keys is on the barrel, but I’ve tried every locksmith and auto locksmith and no-one will take on the job of letting me into the van to get the key number….

Added to that the van is alarmed and both fobs and the reset switch were on the bunch of keys…..

has anyone had a similar issue please and willing to give me some pointers on how to solve this issue… we are meant to be going on holiday to France at the end of the month, so I’m in a lot of trouble with the family right now!

Thanks,

James

eribaMotters replied on 04/07/2022 21:35

Posted on 04/07/2022 21:35

Contact your insurance companies for car and van and ask them what you are supposed to do. 

Colin

Amesford replied on 05/07/2022 09:57

Posted on 05/07/2022 09:57

Have you tired a mobile caravan engineer  I saw one on site were a dog left in the van had jumped up and locked the door from inside and he managed to open it                                                                                                              

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook