Knaus 480 Draught skirt rail

jemco replied on 12/06/2022 10:34

Posted on 12/06/2022 10:34

Hello, the draught skirt rail on our Knaus 480 doesn’t have widened openings at the ends to enable you feed the skirt into the rail. I managed to buy a wheel cover to take a figure of 8 skirt channel strip but up to now I’ve been gaffer taping the rest of the skirt to the caravan rail. I don’t want to open up the rail ends. Has anyone else been faced with this problem?

richardandros replied on 29/06/2022 12:16

Posted on 29/06/2022 12:16

Since I don't think there are many Knaus owners on here, I'll try to help.  Alternatively, you could join the Knaus Caravans FB group for advice. If you don't want to open up the rail, then I don't know how you're going to get the skirt on! Have you asked your dealer to do it - it's quite a simple job for them to do?

Are you sure there aren't openings either side of the door - there are on our 695 and that's how we put the skirt on.

As far as wheel covers go - since our Knaus has an 'awning channel' around the wheel arch, I had two sets of covers made by 'Bags4Everything'.

handsj replied on 30/06/2022 13:52

Posted on 30/06/2022 13:52

Sorry only just seen this post. Yes we have a 2017 Knaus Starclass 480. We don't seem to have the problem you're describing though. Our draught skirt rail has 4 openings, one each side of the wheel and one at each end. There's no problem feeding the draught skirt in and along the rail. The wheel arch is a different issue though. We have a square wheel arch cover the will feed through ok but bunches up due to the semicircular shape of the rail. It does the job but doesn't look particularly neat.

I can take photos for you if it helps?

Steve

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook