How do I fit flush tube in flush tank c262. Access

MartyandLisa replied on 24/04/2022 07:57

Posted on 24/04/2022 07:57

Hi

I had to remove toilet flush pump as it was seized with gunk, in the process the flush tube came detached from its outlet pipe.

Now the tank just continually empties. Is there any way to open flush tank to reattach tube as my hand won't fit through flush pump access hole to enable me to reach the bottom of the inside of the flush tank?

They sell new flush tubes online so there must be some way to access inside of flush tank.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dave the rave replied on 24/04/2022 11:10

Posted on 24/04/2022 11:10

can you not grab it with one of the grabber tools that or on the market or a long bbq tool (the sprung type)?

MartyandLisa replied on 24/04/2022 19:26

Posted on 24/04/2022 19:26

Thank you. We have used some long bbq tongs. However there is a little clip which is supposed to be attached to tank wall to keep tube from moving. This is impossible to get at. Just hope tube is on tight enough without attaching clip to tank wall. Fingers crossed it doesn't bounce off! smile

dave the rave replied on 25/04/2022 21:16

Posted on 24/04/2022 19:26 by MartyandLisa

Thank you. We have used some long bbq tongs. However there is a little clip which is supposed to be attached to tank wall to keep tube from moving. This is impossible to get at. Just hope tube is on tight enough without attaching clip to tank wall. Fingers crossed it doesn't bounce off! smile

Posted on 25/04/2022 21:16

Could you use a hose clip (plastic or stainless steel) or a cable tie to secure the tube? There is usually another way to overcome problems!cool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook