Hot water temperature fluctuations with our shower

ScreenNameF7B3D7266E replied on 08/05/2023 12:04

Posted on 08/05/2023 12:04

We have a 2023 Coachman 575 and are having water temperature fluctuations whilst using the shower, which gets extremely hot for a brief second and the runs fine for a minute and then repeats !

Anyone have any advice or information as to why would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Freedom a whitebox replied on 08/05/2023 13:51

Posted on 08/05/2023 13:51

Isn’t it about time that manufacturers started fitting thermostatic shower valves as standard?

They are available and can be found fitted to statics. 

I installed one in my unicorn 3 as I was fed up either getting scalding or freezing water when turning the water on during showering. 

Its beeping reliable over many years and I believe it saves water as I just turn it on and don't have to mess about trying  temperatures!

FBW replied on 30/08/2023 09:04

Posted on 30/08/2023 09:04

Had the same problem with 2023 VIP565. Ridiculous that manufacturers can leave a van with such a safety critical fault. This should have been sorted with the PDI check at the very least.

Problem easily solved by calibrating the pump. Instructions in manual and whale have a video showing how to calibrate.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook