Help fitting replacement hitch damper

RHambo replied on 11/05/2022 18:10

Posted on 11/05/2022 18:10

Good afternoon I have bought a replacement hitch damper & looking to fit Al-ko stabiliser hitch back on & not sure is it the first hole or second hole the damper fits through thanks 

Lutz replied on 11/05/2022 19:17

Posted on 11/05/2022 19:17

When you disassemble the hitch just take a note of which hole the damper is attached. As EmilysDad says, YouTube videoclips are useful. It's fairly straightforward, really. I replaced the rubber bellows on the hitch last weekend, which is a similar job.

RHambo replied on 11/05/2022 19:42

Posted on 11/05/2022 19:42

I took it off last week & been waiting for replacement to be sent I have tried YouTube it’s not very helpful same as Al ko web page the damper is inside draw tube so I couldn’t see which hole it was in I am guessing it’s the 2nd one nearest the caravan 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook