Glueing alloy panel on top of damaged side panel

FasAFaFit replied on 05/05/2022 10:49

Posted on 05/05/2022 10:49

Hi

The proposal to repair a damaged side panel is to remove parts of panel protruding and cover area outlined in blue with a similar panel, glued on top.

What are your thoughts about this type of repair - apart from the edge of the glued-on panel being seen at the vertical line at battery box and below the door?

The glued-on panel would be under the door seal.

Thanks for your input.

eribaMotters replied on 05/05/2022 14:03

Posted on 05/05/2022 14:03

If it is an insurance job it's a cheap way out for the insurance company.

If it was something you have to repair at your own cost then the exposed edge is something I think I could live with.

Colin

Whittakerr replied on 05/05/2022 14:30

Posted on 05/05/2022 14:30

I agree with Colin but i wouldn't accept the edge of a glued on panel going through the battery box and what looks like an external socket. they will never sit properly flush and will be a weak spot for water ingress. I would insist the panel goes to the end of the battery box.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook