Gas supply

roserene replied on 09/09/2023 08:11

Posted on 09/09/2023 08:11

Good Morning all I now hope someone is awake with knowledge about gas supply I’m currently on a cl and for some unknown reason my gas supply is complete out. Everything was working perfectly ok until    my better half accidentally turned on the power supply to the water heater with no water in the tank,this caused the thermeral overload to react and not not reset immediately, so for the first time ever I switched over to gas to heat hot water, in next to no time there was no gas supply coming into any appliance on the van cooker, space heater, fridge. Therefore I assumed the gas bottle was empty and went out and purchased a full cylinder.

The new cylinder is installed correctly and I have tried to purge the system because of possible air in the system but nothing. There is no sound of gas there is no smell of gas the electric ignitions are working but still nothing.

I’ve phoned my dealer for help but they have no idea. 

Anybody come across this before is there something in the gas line to the water heater that could make this happen?

I do hope there is an expert out there because I’ve no idea where to look.

ThankS

young thomas replied on 09/09/2023 10:23

Posted on 09/09/2023 10:23

It is possible that the regulator has failed. Truma 'in locker' regulators have been known to fail. 

another suggestion is that the 'green (crash safe) button' on the hose from the bottle to the regulator hasn't been pressed. This is vital otherwise no supply.

good luck.

roserene replied on 11/09/2023 20:24

Posted on 11/09/2023 20:24

Hi Kjelinn

Thanks for your input I have run all appliances on Gas before with the exception of Ultra Store.

I now think it must be something to do with that since my post i have now towed the van back home

Was hoping if it was an air lock the movement would free it BUT nothing

roserene replied on 11/09/2023 20:24

Posted on 11/09/2023 20:24

Hi Kjelinn

Thanks for your input I have run all appliances on Gas before with the exception of Ultra Store.

I now think it must be something to do with that since my post i have now towed the van back home

Was hoping if it was an air lock the movement would free it BUT nothing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook