Gas connections.

TwoPauls replied on 29/08/2022 10:02

Posted on 29/08/2022 10:02

Hi

A bit urgent this. We're off to France in the van for the first time on Wednesday for a month.In 20 years caravaning never been abroad in it.

We''ve got one full 6kg calor and one 6kg about 3/4 full. Mots site are 10 amp but a couple are 6. So the question/concern?

1. Do you all think the calor will last out the 4 weeks we are away? Don't really want to have to go to all the trouble of camping gaz.

2. The alternative is to splash out on a refillable gaslow cylinder.

BUT

3. The van is new and has a touch type screw to connect the gas cylinder with the actualk rgulator on the wall of the storage locker - I'm sure some of you will know what I mean. In that case will a gaslow refillable  be compatible?

4. If we decide to go with what we have and get a camping gaz in France if we need toi s it possible to use a camping gaz regulator bearing in mind that its difficult to remove the existing regulator as it's affixed to the caravan, not the gas bottle.

Hope this all makes sense, and thx in advance.

Austin62 replied on 31/08/2022 22:22

Posted on 31/08/2022 22:22

Hi 2 Pauls

I have recently returned from a long 2500 mile 3 week trip down through Europe to Austria & back.

I have a Safefill 7.5KG refillable, a Gaslow 2.7Kg in my VW T6 and a spare Calor 6Kg just in case.

We use the gas exclusively for our fridge and shower water heating, keeping the electric hook up charge to a minimum.

I filled the Safefill up once & the Gaslow once during the whole trip - total 10.2KG approx used over the 3 weeks, i didn't touch the Calor bottle

Cost for 3 weeks Gas & electric £32

Cheaper than being at home :-)

I hope this helps

MAKE SURE YOU DISPLAY YOUR UK (NOT GB) STICKER ON THE CAR AND CARAVAN

Enjoy your holiday

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook