Equipment for fully serviced (super pitches)

Paulrambler replied on 15/10/2020 11:02

Posted on 15/10/2020 11:02

As the distance between the caravan and services varies so much on pitches can you recommend the length of hose, or hoses to be purchased to enable connection to be made on most serviced pitches. The same goes for the waste pipe(s). Recommendations of brands will also be helpful.

Cornersteady replied on 15/10/2020 11:28

Posted on 15/10/2020 11:28

Well as a rough guide the farthest contact point is (in my experience) in one of the back corners of the pitch, and could be either one too. So get enough to connect your waste pipes on your caravan to one of those, sorry I'm not sure what the length will be but have enough to go along your caravan and then along. If it's the left hand one it's about a car width and a half, the right hand one, caravan + awning + and a half. Some people take rigid domestic waste pipes and connect those up using again domestic push fit connectors.

Any waste pipe will do but make sure it's the correct diameter.

For fresh water the same principles applies but I've found the length that comes with the aquaroll kit plus an extension is enough. Make sure it's blue hose.

Also connecting to the fresh water supplies caries so have some different garden hose connectors with you. Mine are from Aldi.

Hope this helps, but please please come if you need more.

KeefySher replied on 15/10/2020 15:11

Posted on 15/10/2020 15:11

This link tells you how to make the waste connections:

https://caravanchronicles.com/2013/05/26/connecting-your-drainage-on-serviced-pitches/

For transit I slide one pipe inside the other and stow in the rear offside chassis leg using small bungees and cycle wheel tethers.

The 'manifold' and bag of fittings goes in front locker.

i suspend the waste pipe from filmmakers clips fitted in the draught skirt channel on the caravan offside, again with small bungees wrapped around the pipe.

Water supply via the Truma Ultraflow unit with in built pressure reducing valve.

DSB replied on 15/10/2020 21:24

Posted on 15/10/2020 21:24

For water connection we use 3 x 5 metre flat hoses and we just use as many as as necessary to fit.  Before we connect the hose, we use one of THESE...  This give us the opportunity to use the pitch tap without having to disconnect the direct feed water hose.

For waste water we use Colapz flexi-waste piping.  They come in 1 litre lengths and we just connect as many as necessary.

We no longer connect the water hoses to an aquaroll, but use the Colapz fresh-mini kit.

Here is a link to all Colapz products..... They are expensive, but well worth it, in my opinion....

https://colapz.co.uk/collections/all-products

David

richardandros replied on 16/10/2020 05:23

Posted on 16/10/2020 05:23

I'm another fan of the Colapz waste hose.  I have 8 x 1m lengths which I have found covers most eventualities.  Stored in its own drawstring bag, it takes up very little room in the locker. Yes, it is an expensive solution - but well worth it in my experience.

I carry about 20m of rigid blue water pipe - in 3 different lengths which can be joined if necessary.

I also go one step further than David and have a 4-way tap splitter which I use on certain CLs we go to regularly when I can plumb into the water without inconveniencing anyone else - indeed they can plumb in as well if they have the hose!

allanandjean replied on 16/10/2020 09:09

Posted on 16/10/2020 09:09

Hi, there was a similar thread on Caravan Talk recently which referenced an article I found helpful regarding this issue. It is firmly in the DIY camp but very simple and cheap.

https://caravanchronicles.com/2013/05/26/connecting-your-drainage-on-serviced-pitches/

Paulrambler replied on 16/10/2020 13:49

Posted on 15/10/2020 21:24 by DSB

For water connection we use 3 x 5 metre flat hoses and we just use as many as as necessary to fit.  Before we connect the hose, we use one of THESE...  This give us the opportunity to use the pitch tap without having to disconnect the direct feed water hose.

For waste water we use Colapz flexi-waste piping.  They come in 1 litre lengths and we just connect as many as necessary.

We no longer connect the water hoses to an aquaroll, but use the Colapz fresh-mini kit.

Here is a link to all Colapz products..... They are expensive, but well worth it, in my opinion....

https://colapz.co.uk/collections/all-products

David

Posted on 16/10/2020 13:49

Thanks David, very helpful. I have ordered my Colapz but I think Im ok with the hose as I have the supplied 7.5m rigid and a 10m flat. the flat is  ok but not easy to get the water out and stop it twisting. Paul.

Paulrambler replied on 16/10/2020 13:52

Posted on 16/10/2020 05:23 by richardandros

I'm another fan of the Colapz waste hose.  I have 8 x 1m lengths which I have found covers most eventualities.  Stored in its own drawstring bag, it takes up very little room in the locker. Yes, it is an expensive solution - but well worth it in my experience.

I carry about 20m of rigid blue water pipe - in 3 different lengths which can be joined if necessary.

I also go one step further than David and have a 4-way tap splitter which I use on certain CLs we go to regularly when I can plumb into the water without inconveniencing anyone else - indeed they can plumb in as well if they have the hose!

Posted on 16/10/2020 13:52

Thanks Richard. Colapz ordered, still deciding wether to change my flat hose to rigid, 3 lengths is a great idea. Paul.

richardandros replied on 17/10/2020 06:09

Posted on 17/10/2020 06:09

Paul - I have two or three flat hoses in the garage somewhere and used to use them for filling the water tank on our boats.  Two things to bear in mind - you have to get ALL the water out of them before they will go back on the reel, which can be a pain - plus, I found that when left out in hot sunshine, under pressure, one of them started to leak and ended up with hundreds of little pinprick holes in it.  It might have been past its sell-by date by then, but you won't get that with the rigid stuff.

By splitting a long length into shorter bits, they are easier to coil up but you do have to check the connectors for small leaks every now and again.

I've found that the expensive Hozelock connectors are more prone to leaks than any other brand and prefer the green ones that have the rigid bit that the last inch or so of the hose goes into - sorry, not sure of the make.

DSB replied on 17/10/2020 10:31

Posted on 16/10/2020 13:49 by Paulrambler

Thanks David, very helpful. I have ordered my Colapz but I think Im ok with the hose as I have the supplied 7.5m rigid and a 10m flat. the flat is  ok but not easy to get the water out and stop it twisting. Paul.

Posted on 17/10/2020 10:31

When I first decided to go for flat hoses, I read that some find it difficult to get the water out.  That's one of the reasons I went for 5m lengths - someone said it was easier to get the water out of the smaller hose.  I've not found it especially difficult.  We keep each of our 5m hoses on seperate reels which I got somewhere online.  It works for us, but I'm sure there are advantages and disadvantages whatever the system.

I think Colapz have changed the design a little for the Fresh-mini kit, by positioning the water input hose on the side of the fresh-mini.  Our has the input at the top, near the water pump inlet.  It works fine, but because of the close proximity, you just have to make sure that the water pump doesn't catch on the 'ball-cock'.  

I'm interested in their proposed 20L water and waste system too.  It's looking like another 18 months, though' before that will come out.  Apparently, it is going to be possible to link 20L water containers together.....

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook