Front Locker Door Elddis Crusader Shamal 2012

Davearp replied on 08/06/2021 16:43

Posted on 08/06/2021 16:43

Hello all

We have recently purchased the above caravan.

However on our first trip out we damaged the front locker door and need a replacement.

I have been in contact with 2 Elddis dealers and Elddis themselves to get a new door. None of them can supply saying the caravan is too old and the cut off point for Elddis suppyling parts is only 6 years .

We are insured with the Caravan Club, but at the moment without a supply of the part or price I have yet to make a claim.

Obviously without the door the caravan is unusable.

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Dave & Penny

Davearp replied on 09/06/2021 10:52

Posted on 09/06/2021 10:52

I have just found a company which manufactures panels an body parts for caravans. caravanpanels.com which can supply the required panel.

For the record I am most disappointed with both Elddis and their dealers as they simply show no interest is supplying parts for caravans over 6 years old.

Perhaps all should be aware of this when considering which brand of caravan to buy.

peter22 replied on 10/06/2021 18:01

Posted on 10/06/2021 18:01

This seems to fit in with my understanding of the insurance small print I.e the repair cost will be quite modest but In order to keep the caravan in running order you need to source spare parts from somewhere other than the manufacturer 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook